Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mixed Feelings

My two year stint in Dubai will end in September, this year.Mostly because of problems at work I could never get to love this country, I always wanted to catch the next flight back to home.

It took full two years to get my return ticket, one way.

But as the day comes closer you feel something around you. I think its true for all. If you stay in a place for more than an year you have a sense of attachment.

Apsara Supermarket, which we started referring to as ours, the dry cleaner who never came on time until & unless called upon, long wait for home delivery from Karachi Darbar, the shawarma guy near Apsara, who made it as per our taste (hot, more chilies, a little more, no tomatoes,some more chillies please) and Burjuman, where we spent lovely moments - my wife looking for apparels and me birdwatching.

Hmmm!! you can't get the best of all. Life has it's own rules, we have to play as per that.

N.B. Indrani, will be flying Emirates only.

No comments: