Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Long Lost Friend

This was my second face off with my friend Hypertension. Last time we met was way back in 2004 and that time too he made it sure that I give him quality time - so i was in hospital for 2 weeks.
This friend of mine is quite demanding. He never knocks on doors or gives you any intimation of his coming. When he arrives he needs full attention.
On 28th July came back from Bombay with a sore throat. As it became a bit severe went to check with the doctor. Then only I realised that my friend has already arrived.
My BP was whopping 230/150. The doctor was more scared than me.
He was fumbling - "You know with su ..ch pressure your thi...n blood cells ca..n bre..ak and caaa..use a hea..rt att...ackkk."
No, Sir, I don't but if you can prevent it I shall be grateful.
"Sister, immediate hospitalization for this young patient".

Even during those times it was nice to hear someone referring to me as YOUNG.

The next 6 days had an intimate relation with HTN. We chatted all day all night, slept together in the small hospital bed, played hide and seek with the nurses - BP was always fluctuating and HTN also invited Diabetes to be a good friend of mine.
It was an eventful week and I landed up with another new friend - DIABETES.

I don't even thing my wife gets so much of devotion, dedication that I give to HTN.
But, HTN also comes once in 4 years - I think it is worth it, but I have to reduce his visits.
And, doctor - I will take care of my Thin Blood cells and hence NO SMOKING.
I have to live for my LITTLE DEVIL.

No comments: